The Municipality obtains goods, services and construction contracts with an estimated value exceeding R200 000 (VAT included) and also sells goods and property no longer required via a formal tender process.
Bids are advertised in local newspapers including the Kroonnuus on Tuesdays (excluding public holidays). The advertisements can also be viewed on Municipal website.
Advertisements are placed in community newspapers and other print media including The Star, The Sunday Times and Rapport as needed.
Provision of catering Services for Municipal Events at a range of Council Venues for Period of three year.
Tender document Amount : R150.00 (Non-refundable)
Evaluation Criteria : 80/20
Compulsory Briefing Session: Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 10:30 - 11:00 am in the Reception Hall and the closing Date is Monday, 10 July 2017 at 12:00 pm in the Reception Hall
Mr. K Moroke
Tel. (056) 216-9180
Bid documents will be available on the day of the Briefing Session from 08:00 until 15:30 ONLY, upon payment of a cash non-refundable fee as per document, at the cashier office, Municipal Building, Hill Str, Kroonstad.
Submission of Tenders:
By hand: Bid documents and supporting documents must be sealed and externally endorsed with the Bid Name, Bid Number and Bid Description and placed in a bid box, on the Ground Floor, Municipal Building, Hill Street, Kroonstad, 9499
By Post: To reach the Manager Supply Chain Management, P.O. BOX 302, Kroonstad, 9500 in sufficient time for it to be placed in the Tender Box before closing time.
Opening of Tenders
Tenders will be opened in public.
Bidders must take note of the following:
- Bidders should be registered on CSD Website at https://secured.csd.gov.zs / www.csd.gov.za and Bidders must attach proof of CSD Registration that indicates their Supplier’s Registration Number (R number) and Supplier CSD Unique Code (M number) on the tender document
- Municipal rates and taxes statement that is not older than 90 days that clearly state the business name obtainable from the municipality where the business resides or lease agreement or an affidavit certified by the commissioner of oaths. In case where municipal rates & taxes statement could not be obtained, the municipal services certificate attached to the bid document should be completed in full;
- Bidders must submit original or certified copy of the B-BBEE Status Level Verification Certificate to substantiate their B-BBEE rating claims and BBBEE status should also be captured upon CSD Registration
- Bidders who do not have B-BBEE Certificates will not be disqualified but will not qualify for B-BBEE points
- In terms of Joint Venture: bidders must attach a joint venture agreement and
- Certified ID copies of the Company’s Directors
- Late ,unsigned or incomplete bids will be disqualified;
- Bids must only be submitted on the bid documentation provided by the Moqhaka Local Municipality.
- Bids will be evaluated according to the 90/10 for preferential points system;
- Tenders submitted are to hold good for the period up until 90 days;
- No bids will be accepted from the persons in the service of the state;
- The lowest bid/proposal will not necessarily be accepted and the Municipality reserves the right to accept, where applicable, a part or portion of any bid or(where possible) accepts bids/proposal from multiple bidders;
- Failure to attach the above mentioned copies will results to a tender being non-responsive;
- The municipality will only communicate the outcome of the bid with the successful bidder and more information can be obtained from the municipal website.
All enquiries pertaining to Supply Chain Management Matters can be directed to at 056 216 9303 / 056 216 9143
last updated on 20/06/2017